Learning Resources provides a variety of interactive websites and videos including authors, musicians, museums, and even national parks. From online storytimes to virtual field trips, this collection of resources will provide you with new content to experience in your own home.
Books & More
BookFlix® is a digital literacy resource that pairs more than 120 animated stories from Weston Woods with a best-selling nonfiction eBook from Scholastic on a similar subject. The fiction and nonfiction pairings are designed to strengthen early literacy skills while exposing young learners to real-world concepts.
OverDrive Kids has eBooks and audiobooks for kids by subject or reading level. Kids-only, no teen or adult reading-level books included.
Art & Culture
- Wave Learning Festival: Wave started as one Harvard student’s idea and turned into an effort between multiple students at top universities around the country with a goal of promoting educational equity during this crisis. Through the program, college students and professors teach free, live seminars on topics they love to middle and high schoolers.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems Children’s author and illustrator is hosting daily drawing lessons on his YouTube channel.
- Dan Santat #Dandemic Children’s author and illustrator Dan Santat is creating daily lessons with activities for kids, all will be saved to his Dropbox.
- Cassie Stephens Robot Week An art teacher from Nashville is doing daily live art classes, and has released additional lessons to the public for free.
Early Literacy Activities (songs, fingerplays, rhymes)
- Jbrary Two children’s librarians sharing resources with the broader library and education community including songs and rhymes.
- Dr. Jean Dr. Feldman inspires teachers across the country with her creative songs and engaging activities.
- The Laurie Berkner Band Renowned children’s musicians, the Laurie Berkner Band’s playlists will get you up and moving!
- Sesame Street Watch episodes of Sesame Street on YouTube!
- ABCya! Educational games for grades PreK through 6 that will keep kids engaged and having fun. Topics include math, reading, typing, just-for-fun logic games… and more!
English Language Arts (ELA)
- Storyline Online Picture books read by celebrities.
- Scholastic Learn at Home Scholastic publishing has released cross-curricular learning resources for kids in grades k-12.
- Wonderopolis While the Wonderopolis website covers a wide variety of subjects, the format is perfect for strengthening critical thinking and inference skills. There’s a new question every day to explore, and you can dig into the archives as well.
- Greg Tang Math Games A collection of math games for kids in grades 1-8, created by Greg Tang–the man who revolutionized how math is taught. (Try the Kakooma games!)
- Khan Academy A free online learning platform that covers a variety of topics.
- Math Playground Math games for grades 1-6.
- Money Magic Help Enzo manage his budget, reach his savings goal, and make it to Vegas
- GoNoodle A collection of physical activities and tutorials, designed to get kids up and moving.
Science & Engineering
- Crash Course Kids A YouTube channel aimed at kids in 4th grade and up that covers science & history in a fun and engaging way.
- NatGeo Kids Science Science resources compiled by National Geographic Kids, including games and videos.
- TinkerLab TinkerLab has an entire collection of science projects for kids availabl
- Exploratorium The Tinkering Studio from The Exploratorium has a ton of hands-on projects, across a wide variety of subjects.
- Smithsonian Learning Lab The Smithsonian Museums has compiled resources for learning at home, using their museum collections.
- PBS Learning Media A collection of videos and activities to help kids learn about history and society.
- KCLS Tell Me a Story King County Library System has a collection of songs, fingerplays, and stories available to watch from home.
- Storytime from Space Picture Books are shared by astronauts on the International Space Station. This project is administered by the Global Space Education Foundation.
Virtual Field Trips
- Discovery Education A collection of videos and learning guides to explore the world from right inside of your home.
- National Park Service The National Park Service offers virtual tours of Yellowstone National Park
- Google Arts and Culture A collection of museums from all over the world that offer virtual tours.
- The China Guide A virtual tour of the Great Wall of China.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium A collection of live cams at the aquarium allows you to visit without ever leaving home.
Just for Parents
- PBS Parents Resources, tips, and advice on parenting.
- Reading Rockets Designed to strengthen reading skills for kids of all ages, Reading Rockets has tips and tricks on how to engage readers of any age.
More Great Resources
Accelerated Reader Book Finder
HOME SCHOOL FREE LESSON PLANS AND GUIDES
National Geographic Education
Discovery Education Classroom Resources
HOME SCHOOL GREAT CURRICULUM SITES
Alpha Omega Publications
Homeschool Curriculum from Christianbook.com
Home Science Tools
Five in a Row
LOCAL SCHOOL LINKS
Lakeshore Public Schools
St. Joseph Public Schools
Lake Michigan Catholic Schools
St. Pauls Lutheran School
Christ Lutheran School